We are seeking an equipment operator with 1-5 Years experience operating equipment in an excavating/grade-preparation capacity. The ideal candidate will have full knowledge and understanding of how to safely and effectively operate compactors, rollers, dozers, graders, padfoot, and related medium & heavy duty equipment. In addition to Equip Ops, you'll be responsible for manually performing routine job tasks to ensure all subsurface conditions are successfully prepared. An extensive amount of your job responsibilities will be spent performing manual labor.
This is a fantastic local company who takes great care of their equipment and their people. This position intends to be a longer term/permanent role should your work performance meet or exceed expectations.
• 1-5YRS experience operating medium & heavy duty equip in a grade-prep capacity. Equip certifications or training a plus.
• Ability to assist with survey/shooting grade, mark & read survey stakes & prepare all subsurfaces
• Ability to work efficiently both independently or with small teams with little to no direction, and meet deadlines.
• Physically fit - able to perform the manual physical aspects of the position. Back and forth in & out of the equipment and performing physical tasks- raking, shoveling, compacting etc.
• Comfortable working out in the elements
• Flexible to support longer work days when called upon to do so, also occasional night or SAT, as traffic restrictions dictate. Overtime opportunities will be available at time & a half.
• Safety-minded work ethic, familiar working with all appropriate P.P.E.
• Must pass physical exam & drug screening as conditions of employment
• Able to visually see well (corrective vision OK) and coordinate movement accordingly. Routinely be able to stoop, kneel, bend, crawl and lift up to 75LBS.
• Valid CDL-A license a plus & valid med card (or ability to obtain one quickly) and clean DMV record
COMPENSATION: $13-18/HR Wages are dependent upon years of operators experience. Candidates with less operating experience but more drive and motivation may be considered. Similarly a candidate with several years experience will be considered, and compensated at operator wages.